Virginia City in Storey County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The Nevada Bank of San Francisco
Owned by the “Big Four” Mackay, Fair, Flood and O’Brian with Louis McLane. This bank engaged in international financial business for Nevadans for almost twenty years.
While never large, the Nevada Bank was important and successful and when closed in April 1895. The Comstock lost a notable institution.
Erected 1972 by Julia C. Bulette Chapter, E Clampus Vitus.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical date for this entry is January 10, 1758.
Location. 39° 18.566′ N, 119° 38.995′ W. Marker is in Virginia City, Nevada, in Storey County. Marker is on C Street (Nevada Route 341) near Taylor Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Virginia City NV 89440, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Col. Morris Pinschower Building (here, next to this marker); Bank of California (a few steps from this marker); William Sharon (a few steps from this marker); The Millionaires Club (a few steps from this marker); Banner Brothers Building (a few steps from this marker); The Crystal Bar (within shouting distance of this marker); The Great Fire of 1875 (within shouting distance of this marker); V & T Car No. 13 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Virginia City.
Additional keywords. Comstock Lode
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 18, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,406 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 18, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.