Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Boise in Ada County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
 

Boise State University

 
 
Boise State University Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rebecca Maxwell, September 24, 2009
1. Boise State University Marker
Inscription.  Expanding from a two-year community college (1932-1965) to a campus with a graduate program, Boise State was designated as a university in 1974.

Originating as an Episcopalian academy founded in 1892, this institution was located a mile north of here until 1940, when Boise's municipal airport, located here became available for a large new campus. Christ's Chapel -- Boise's original Episcopalian church building, built downtown in 1866, was moved to this site for permanent preservation in 1963.
 
Erected by Idaho Historical Society. (Marker Number 402.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Idaho State Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1974.
 
Location. Marker has been reported permanently removed. It was located near 43° 36.212′ N, 116° 11.665′ W. Marker was in Boise, Idaho, in Ada County. Marker was on Campus Lane, 0.1 miles west of Broadway Avenue (U.S. 20/26), on the left when
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
traveling west. Located on Boise State University campus near Bronco Stadium and Boise Greenbelt. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Boise ID 83706, United States of America.

We have been informed that this sign or monument is no longer there and will not be replaced. This page is an archival view of what was.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Warm Springs Avenue (approx. half a mile away); Davis Orchard (approx. half a mile away); Jesus Urquides, Circa 1870 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jesus Urquides Packs a Mule, 1925 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Urquides Village, Southern Edge, circa 1958 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Maria Dolores (Lola) Binnard, circa 1910 (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Story of Julia & Tom Davis (approx. 0.6 miles away); Abraham Lincoln (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boise.
 
Additional commentary.
1. Marker no longer exists
The Boise State University historical marker and the nearby Airmail Service signs were removed when the BSU stadium was remodeled in 2012 and the adjacent street rebuilt. It has not been reinstalled anywhere in the area. Note To Editor only visible by Contributor and editor    
Marker at BSU image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rebecca Maxwell, September 20, 2009
2. Marker at BSU
    — Submitted March 1, 2020, by MacArthur Eld of Parma, Idaho.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 25, 2009, by Rebecca Maxwell of Boise, Idaho. This page has been viewed 1,599 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2009, by Rebecca Maxwell of Boise, Idaho. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=22735

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 18, 2024