Washington in Daviess County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Baltimore & Ohio Southwestern Railroad Depot
Erected 1992 by Indiana Historical Bureau. (Marker Number 14.1992.1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B&O), the Former U.S. Presidents: #34 Dwight D. Eisenhower, and the Indiana Historical Bureau Markers series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is April 1, 1775.
Location. 38° 39.333′ N, 87° 10.526′ W. Marker is in Washington, Indiana, in Daviess County. Marker is at the intersection of South Meridian Street and Depot Street, on the left when traveling south on South Meridian Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington IN 47501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as Fort Flora (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Memorial - Daviess County Indiana (approx. Ό mile away); Mimi's House (approx. half a mile away); Vincennes Donation Lands (approx. 1.7 miles away); Robert C. Graham (approx. 2.6 miles away); Homer E. Capehart / GOP Cornfield Conference (approx. 6.3 miles away); The Buffalo Trace (approx. 11.8 miles away); Pike County War Memorial (approx. 12.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Washington.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 12, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,367 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 1, 2021, by Shane Oliver of Richmond, Virginia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 12, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.