Near Trempealeau in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1685 – 86
Reoccupied by Godefroy de Linctot
Remains discovered in 1887 by Judge
B.F. Heuston and Georege H. Squier
aided by Antoine Grignon
Dedicated September 6, 1926
State Historical Society of Wisconsin
Erected 1926 by the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Exploration. A significant historical date for this entry is September 6, 1912.
Location. 44° 0.866′ N, 91° 28.39′ W. Marker is near Trempealeau, Wisconsin, in Trempealeau County. Marker is on Sullivan Road / South Park Road, 1.3 miles west of Spring Street, on the left when traveling west. Marker is in Perrot State Park (fee area). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: W26247 Sullivan Road, Trempealeau WI 54661, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Perrot's Post (here, next to this marker); Brady's Bluff (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Geology of Perrot State Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); James Allen Reed / TrempealeauThe Mississippi River Parkway: (approx. 2½ miles away); Pickwick Mill (approx. 2.6 miles away in Minnesota); Historic Lake Labelle (approx. 2.6 miles away in Minnesota); The Bunnell House (approx. 4.3 miles away in Minnesota). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trempealeau.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 12, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,098 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 5, 2012, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.