Gardnerville in Douglas County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
St. Galls Catholic Church
1475 Highway 395
This building served as the first Catholic Church in Gardnerville, and is an excellent representation of brickwork found in many valley buildings.
Completed in 1919 on land donated by local merchant Sam Imelli, the building was used until 1984 for Catholic services.
In 1984, this building was purchased by Ronald and Lynne Cauley and Michael and Barbara Gibbons, who immediately renovated it for its current use as office space.
St. Galls is currently located on Centerville Lane a short distance from here in a significantly larger facility.
In the upper left corner of the marker is the seal of the Town of Gardnerville, while in the lower right corner is the seal of the US Forest Service, which provided a grant for this marker.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1919.
Location. 38° 56.583′ N, 119° 45.081′ W. Marker is in Gardnerville, Nevada, in Douglas Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1475 Highway 395, Gardnerville NV 89410, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Perry's Dry Goods (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sharkey's Nugget (approx. 0.2 miles away); East Fork Hotel Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The French Hotel and Bar (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gardnerville Branch Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Adaven Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Airtanker 130 Is Headed West (approx. 0.2 miles away); J & T Basque Restaurant Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gardnerville.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted on a pole on the street corner in front of the church.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,095 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.