Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Minden in Douglas County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Douglas County Courthouse

 
 
Douglas County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, October 11, 2009
1. Douglas County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  The Nevada Legislature voted to move the county seat to Minden in 1916. The Courthouse, designed by F.J. Delongchamps, was built for $23,178 on a lot deeded from the Dangberg Land and Livestock Company. Originally the building housed all the county offices and the jail.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1916.
 
Location. 38° 57.298′ N, 119° 46.075′ W. Marker is in Minden, Nevada, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of Eighth Street and Esmeralda Avenue on Eighth Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1616 Eighth Street, Minden NV 89423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Coventry Cross Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); M. E. Fay House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Dangberg House (about 700 feet away); Grace Melissa Dangberg (about 700 feet away); Minden Flour Milling Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Douglas County World War II Memorial
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Minden Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Henry Beck House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Minden.
 
More about this marker. The marker is mounted on a thigh-high cement pole on just to the left of the sidewalk leading up to the courthouse steps.
 
Wide View of Douglas County Courthouse and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, October 11, 2009
2. Wide View of Douglas County Courthouse and Marker
Douglas County Courthouse - Renovation Plaque image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, October 11, 2009
3. Douglas County Courthouse - Renovation Plaque
The plaque lists the contractor, architect, and county commissioners and personnel involved in the 1982-83 renovation. Plaque is mounted just to the right of the entryway.
Douglas County Courthouse (1916) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, October 11, 2009
4. Douglas County Courthouse (1916)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 26, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 1, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 980 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 1, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=23971

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024