Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
De Pere in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Brown County Court House 1838 to 1854

 
 
Brown County Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Robert L Weber, circa 2010
1. Brown County Court House Marker
Inscription.  

The site of the Brown County Court House from 1838 to 1854

Erected by Jean Nicolet Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1930.
 
Erected 1930 by Jean Nicolet Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR).
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1838.
 
Location. 44° 26.941′ N, 88° 3.546′ W. Marker is in De Pere, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is at the intersection of South Wisconsin Street and George Street (County Route G), on the right when traveling north on South Wisconsin Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: De Pere WI 54115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Union Hotel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marquette–Jolliet (about 700 feet away); White Pillars (approx. ¼ mile away); Rapides des Peres (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wisconsin's Maritime Trails
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.4 miles away); St. Norbert College & The Packers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Address by President Lincoln (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bernard Henry Pennings (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in De Pere.
 
Brown County Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Robert L Weber
2. Brown County Court House Marker
Brown County Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Robert L Weber, circa 2010
3. Brown County Court House Marker
Court House Marker and surrounding area image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Robert L Weber, September 23, 2011
4. Court House Marker and surrounding area
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 29, 2024. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,235 times since then and 37 times this year. Last updated on February 26, 2024, by Carolyn Sanders of Plano, Texas. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona.   4. submitted on September 23, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=241936

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 3, 2024