Campbell in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Black Walnut Trees
Campbell Historical Location
Black Walnut Trees planted about 1885 by William A. Swope, Son-In-Law of Benjamin Campbell, and daughters Alda Swope Blaine, Ethel Swope Davis, and Lena Swope French.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Horticulture & Forestry • Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Historic Trees 🌲 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 37° 17.227′ N, 121° 56.537′ W. Marker is in Campbell, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is on East Campbell Avenue. Marker is located in the small park next to the railroad tracks. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell CA 95008, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Agricultural Heritage Plaques (a few steps from this marker); Site of J.C. Ainsley Packing Company (within shouting distance of this marker); B.O. Curry Building (within shouting distance of this marker); South Pacific Coast Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); Growers National Bank (within shouting distance Downing Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Bank of Campbell (Farley Building) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Farley Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Campbell.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,409 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.