Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Fayetteville in Cumberland County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Old Town Hall

 
 
Old Town Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 27, 2009
1. Old Town Hall Marker
Inscription.  Built on site of the "State House," burned 1831, where the North Carolina Convention of 1789 ratified the Federal Constitution.
 
Erected 1939 by Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number I-14.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1831.
 
Location. 35° 3.165′ N, 78° 52.695′ W. Marker is in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in Cumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of Green Street and Market Square, on the right when traveling north on Green Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fayetteville NC 28301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Market House (a few steps from this marker); Town House (within shouting distance of this marker); Plank Roads (within shouting distance of this marker); Charter of the University of N. C. (within shouting distance of this marker); Flora MacDonald
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); James Dobbin McNeill (within shouting distance of this marker); First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lafayette (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fayetteville.
 
Also see . . .  History of Fayetteville. (Submitted on November 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Old Town Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 27, 2009
2. Old Town Hall Marker
In distance, with Plank Roads marker in foreground. Old town Hall and Market House in background.
Old Town Hall and Market House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 27, 2009
3. Old Town Hall and Market House
Site of local government. Slave auctions held here before the Civil War.
Old Town Hall and Market House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 27, 2009
4. Old Town Hall and Market House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 866 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=24397

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2024