Near Williamsburg in James City County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle Of Green Spring
Erected 2000 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number V-39.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1781.
Location. 37° 14.105′ N, 76° 47.108′ W. Marker is near Williamsburg, Virginia, in James City County. Marker is on Greensprings Road (County Route 614) north of 4H Club Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Governor’s Land (here, next to this marker); Green Spring Road (here, next to this marker); Church on the Main (here, next to this marker); Battle of Green Spring (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel H. Yonge, Civil Engineer (1843-1935) (approx. 0.4 miles away); Pocahontas (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jamestown Road (approx. half a mile away); First Germans at Jamestown (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamsburg.
More about this marker. This marker sits with 3 other markers, V41,V42,V46 on the side of the road at a driveway entrance of some sort.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,767 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 11, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 2. submitted on May 12, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.