Manning in Clarendon County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Trinity A.M.E. Church
The congregation, first called simply "Our Church" by its members, was renamed Trinty A.M.E. Church when its first building was completed in 1874. That building was replaced by a larger frame church, which burned in 1895. The present church, also a frame building, was built that year and covered in brick veneer in 1914. The Central S.C. Conference of the A.M.E. Church was organized here in 1921.
Erected 2008 by The Congregation. (Marker Number 14-17.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church
Location. 33° 41.796′ N, 80° 12.746′ W. Marker is in Manning, South Carolina, in Clarendon County. Marker is on West Rigby Street near North Mill Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Manning SC 29102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Francis Marion Reflections (within shouting distance of this marker); Murray's Ferry - Santee River (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Swamp Fox (about 500 feet away); Ambush at Half-Way Swamp (about 500 feet away); Fuel 24 (about 500 feet away); Clarendon County / Manning (about 600 feet away); Swamp Fox at Ox Swamp (about 600 feet away); Clarendon County Confederate Monument (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Manning.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,082 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.