Near Abbeville in Wilcox County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
New Hope Primitive Baptist Church
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 156-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 31° 58.006′ N, 83° 17.424′ W. Marker is near Abbeville, Georgia, in Wilcox County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 129 and New Hope Road, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 129Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Abbeville GA 31001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Soto Trail (approx. 2 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 2 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis (approx. 2 miles away); Wilcox County (approx. 2 miles away); Battle of Breakfast Branch (approx. 2.2 miles away); Ozias Church Bethlehem Church (approx. 8.9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 25, 2009, by Brian Brown of Fitzgerald, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,384 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on November 25, 2009, by Brian Brown of Fitzgerald, Georgia. 3. submitted on February 5, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Pictures of New Hope Primitive Baptist Church. • Can you help?