Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Highland Springs in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Locomotive Club of Richmond

 
 
Locomotive Club of Richmond Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bernard Fisher, November 25, 2009
1. Locomotive Club of Richmond Marker
Inscription.  In 1852, Joseph and Elizabeth Tyree owned this 400 acre tract of land known as "Woodstock." After changing hands several times, the Locomotive Club of Richmond purchased 208 acres of the property and built this clubhouse in 1925. Through the middle of the property ran the Richmond and Rappahannock Railroad. After 1977, it was known as the Confederate Hills Swim and Tennis Club. It became part of the Henrico County Recreation and Parks system in 1994.
 
Erected 1996 by County of Henrico. (Marker Number HC-8.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal OrganizationsRailroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1852.
 
Location. 37° 33.446′ N, 77° 19.691′ W. Marker is in Highland Springs, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Lee Avenue near Wales Drive. This marker is located in the parking lot of the Confederate Hills Recreation Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 Lee Avenue, Henrico VA 23075, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
flies. Highland Springs (approx. 0.9 miles away); Seven Days Battles (approx. 1.9 miles away); Second Day at Seven Pines (approx. 2 miles away); Fair Oaks Station (approx. 2 miles away); Mistaken Identity (approx. 2.1 miles away); Balloons Over the Battlefield (approx. 2.1 miles away); Wilcox’s Alabama Brigade, (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Cavalry Charge (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Highland Springs.
 
Locomotive Club of Richmond Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bernard Fisher, November 25, 2009
2. Locomotive Club of Richmond Marker
Confederate Hills Recreation Center image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bernard Fisher, November 25, 2009
3. Confederate Hills Recreation Center
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,139 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 26, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=24858

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 27, 2024