Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Taylor National Bank
A.O. Watson of Austin designed this red sandstone building for the Taylor National Bank, which was organized in 1888. Completed in 1894, it has also housed the law firm of Mantor and Briggs, an office of the Weather Bureau, and the Taylor Refining Company. The Romanesque and Renaissance Revival styling features detailing of limestone, granite, and pressed metal. The First-Taylor National Bank, the result of a 1930s merger, remained here until 1967.
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9354.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1888.
Location. 30° 34.131′ N, 97° 24.568′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 95) and East 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 N Main St, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eikel-Prewitt Building (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Preslar-Hewitt BuildingTex Avery (about 700 feet away); Taylor Post Office (about 800 feet away); City of Taylor (about 800 feet away); Bill Pickett (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Taylor (approx. Ό mile away); First Christian Church of Taylor (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 979 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.