Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lebanon in Warren County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Bundy House

 
 
Bundy House Marker (Side A) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 3, 2009
1. Bundy House Marker (Side A)
Inscription.  
Side A:
This house is on lot No. 33 of the original 1802 plat of Lebanon. The land was owned by Samuel Manning, one of the town's founders. It was bought in 1886 by Dr. G. L. Krieger, a native of France. That same year it was sold, for $1,000, to John Conden who built the house in 1887. John E. Bundy, a local watchmater, bought the home in 1888 for $4,000.
(Continued on other side)


Side B:
(Continued from other side)
It is mostly in the Queen Anne architectural style, which was popular in the late 1800s. The projecting bay windows, the ornate wooden porch and the sunburst design on the small pediment are indicative of this style. The diagonal siding in the front gable peak and in the bay window display a Stick Style influence.
 
Erected by Lebanon Rotary.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & CommerceMan-Made FeaturesSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
 
Location. 39° 25.993′ N, 84° 12.309′ W. Marker is in Lebanon, Ohio
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Ohio Route 123) and Cherry Street, on the left when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 204 E Main Street, Lebanon OH 45036, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Van Sickle House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ferguson House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lewis House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); I.O.O.F. Temple (about 500 feet away); The Wood Building (about 700 feet away); The Mary Ann Klingling Home (about 700 feet away); Herb's Place (about 800 feet away); The Town Plat / The Tharp House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lebanon.
 
Bundy House Marker (Side B) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 3, 2009
2. Bundy House Marker (Side B)
Bundy House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., August 3, 2009
3. Bundy House and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 4,296 times since then and 173 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=25047

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2024