Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Shafer Saddlery

 
 
Shafer Saddlery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
1. Shafer Saddlery Marker
Inscription.  On site of cabin used (1848) as first county courthouse.

This frontier saddlery, erected 1870 of hand-cut limestone by John H. Shafer, had living quarters upstairs.

Since 1872 occupants have been attorneys, a newspaper, and many other tenants.
 
Erected 1971 by The State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 13882.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1870.
 
Location. 30° 38.221′ N, 97° 40.612′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 711 Main St, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Williamson County Sun (within shouting distance of this marker); Ku Klux Klan Trials (within shouting distance of this marker); C.A.D. Clamp (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington Glasscock, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Williamson County (within shouting distance of this
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
marker); Lesesne-Stone Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Williamson County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Dimmitt Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
 
Shafer Saddlery Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
2. Shafer Saddlery Building
Shafer Saddlery Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuesterMark, June 13, 2015
3. Shafer Saddlery Building and Marker
In 2015, the building is occupied by Mikey V's Hot Sauce Shop.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 974 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 1, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   3. submitted on July 11, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=25056

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 23, 2024