Central Garage in King William County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1930 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number O-16.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1804.
Location. 37° 44.741′ N, 77° 7.984′ W. Marker is in Central Garage, Virginia, in King William County. Marker is at the intersection of Richmond Tappahannock Highway (U.S. 360) and King William Road (Virginia Route 30), on the right when traveling west on Richmond Tappahannock Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Aylett VA 23009, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sharon Indian School (approx. 1.3 miles away); Montville (approx. 2.1 miles away); Pamunkey Indians In The Civil War (approx. 2½ miles away); Headquarters of Opechancanough (approx. 2½ miles Cavalry Raids (approx. 3 miles away); "Prestley Barn" (approx. 4.7 miles away); "Old Virginia Barn" (approx. 4.7 miles away); Henry's Call to Arms (approx. 5.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 8, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 960 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 8, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.