Bartlett in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank of Bartlett
Jesse L. Bailey (1848-1926) and his son Charles C. Bailey (1871-1947) opened a private bank in conjunction with a mercantile business in Bartlett in 1898. J. L. Bailey and Son, Bankers, was replaced by the First National Bank of Bartlett in 1900. The institution was located on Clark Street downtown in a building that straddled the Williamson-Bell county line. The bank was granted a state charter in 1968 and was renamed the First Bank and Trust Company. Opening ceremonies were held in the new bank building at S. Dalton and Pietzsch streets on Sept. 15, 1968.
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9089.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1888.
Location. 30° 47.615′ N, 97° 25.581′ W. Marker is in Bartlett, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South Dalton Street (County Route 95). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 South Dalton Street, Bartlett TX 76511, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City of Bartlett (approx. ¼ mile away); Woman's Wednesday Club First Baptist Church of Bartlett (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bartlett Grammar School (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Bartlett (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Booker T. Washington School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mount Arie (Mount Ararat) Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Bartlett (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bartlett.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,848 times since then and 33 times this year. Last updated on December 8, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on December 4, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on November 7, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.