Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Round Rock in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Palm Valley Lutheran Church

 
 
Palm Valley Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson
1. Palm Valley Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription.  

In area first claimed in 1838 by white men. Valley bears name of the Anna Palm family, 1853 Swedish settlers. “Brushy”, the first Lutheran church (of logs), was built here by Andrew John Nelson and 3 hired men in 1861. This also housed early school.

Congregation was formally organized Nov. 27, 1870. Second church, built 1872, was used for sessions of Palm Valley school.

Present Gothic Revival style building was erected in 1894.
 
Erected 1970 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9317.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is October 27, 1872.
 
Location. 30° 31.329′ N, 97° 38.749′ W. Marker is in Round Rock, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2500 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock TX 78664, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kenney's Fort (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Double File Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anti-Slaveholding Union Baptist Cemetery (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
half a mile away); Confederate Chaplains (approx. ¾ mile away); Cabin from Gabriel Mills Area (approx. ¾ mile away); Trinity Lutheran College (approx. 1.6 miles away); Olson House (approx. 1.7 miles away); A. J. and Carolina Anderson House (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Round Rock.
 
Also see . . .
1. Palm Valley Lutheran Church. Website homepage (Submitted on December 13, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.) 

2. Palm Valley Lutheran Church. Williamson County Texas History website entry (Submitted on October 9, 2023, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.) 
 
Palm Valley Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, June 24, 2018
2. Palm Valley Lutheran Church Marker
Marker is left of doors.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 9, 2023. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,096 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on December 13, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   2. submitted on June 24, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=25419

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 20, 2024