Churchtown in Salem County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Delaware Memorial Bridge
South Span — Dedicated August 16, 1951
North Span — Dedicated September 12, 1968
Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey dedicated these bridges on September 12, 1968 to the men and women of the State of Delaware and the State of New Jersey who gave their lives in the Armed Forces of the United States of America during World War II and in subsequent military conflicts.
Erected 1968 by Delaware River and Bay Authority.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Bridges & Viaducts. A significant historical date for this entry is September 12, 1824.
Location. 39° 40.917′ N, 75° 29.883′ W. Marker is in Churchtown, New Jersey, in Salem County. Marker is on New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 295). Plaque is at the very start of the New Jersey Turnpike. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pennsville NJ 08070, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Finns Point (approx. ¾ mile away); Church Landing Road (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vietnam Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); William D. Acton (approx. 2.1 miles away); Women's Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.6 miles away); Buttonwood School (approx. 2.8 miles away in Delaware); Delaware River and Bay Authority Veterans Dedication (approx. 2.9 miles away in Delaware).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 15, 2009, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 914 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 15, 2009, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.