Near Tignall in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Court North of Augusta
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 157-17.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1779.
Location. 33° 50.167′ N, 82° 41.25′ W. Marker is near Tignall, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is at the intersection of Danburg Road (Georgia Route 44) and Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tignall GA 30668, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fishing Creek Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Heard's Fort (approx. one mile away); The Village of Danburg (approx. 3 miles away); Independence United Methodist Church (approx. 4 miles away); Walnut Hill Academy (approx. 5.1 miles away); The Rev. John Springer (approx. 5.1 miles away); Chenault (approx. 7 miles away); First Presbyterian Ordination in Georgia (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tignall.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 909 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on January 31, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 3. submitted on December 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on January 31, 2015, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.