Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Elvira T. Manor Davis House
Elvira T. Manor Davis (1841-1918) was reared in east Travis County near present-day Manor, Texas. Named for her father, she married Blackstone H. Davis whose family owned quarry, supplied stone for the 1853 Texas Capitol. Elvira widowed and the mother of six, bought this lot in 1896 and the house was built by 1904. The porch columns, balustrade and bay windows represent a transition from Victorian-era to Classical Revival design. Davis lived here until 1918.
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15042.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 30° 18.385′ N, 97° 44.001′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4112 Avenue B, Austin TX 78701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hyde Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Austin State Hospital (approx. ¼ mile away); Kopperl House (approx. ¼ mile away); Hodnette House (approx. ¼ mile away); Petrified Forest LodgePhilquist-Wood House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Williams-Weigl House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Texas Confederate Woman's Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 20, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,160 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 20, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?