North University in Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Stanley and Emily Finch House
Constructed in 1927 and 1928 for $13,500, this house has associations with several prominent Austinites. Its original owners were University of Texas Civil Engineering Professor Stanley P. Finch and his wife Emily (Rice). Finch’s UT colleague, architect Raymond Everett, designed the house. Landscape architect C. Coatsworth Pinkney created the landscape in the 1940s. The intact Colonial Revival home’s historic additions include bay windows designed by Hugo Kuehne in 1945 and the enclosure of the original side porch by architect J. Roy White in 1951.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12239.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1927.
Location. 30° 17.787′ N, 97° 43.891′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. It is in North University. Marker is at the intersection of Duval Street and East 34th Street, on the right when traveling south on Duval Street. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Elbridge Hines (approx. ¼ mile away); Whitley-Keltner House (approx. ¼ mile away); The Shipe House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Texas Confederate Woman's Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); Texas Confederate Woman's Home Context (approx. 0.4 miles away); Philquist-Wood House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hancock Recreation Center (approx. half a mile away); Addcox House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2023. It was originally submitted on December 26, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 946 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 26, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on January 5, 2021, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. 3. submitted on December 26, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.