Beersheba Springs in Grundy County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2E 25.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 35° 27.89′ N, 85° 39.19′ W. Marker is in Beersheba Springs, Tennessee, in Grundy County. Marker is on Scenic Tennessee Route 56 0 miles west of Hege Avenue, on the right when traveling east. In a little roadside park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beersheba Springs TN 37305, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Forrest's Murfreesboro Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); Mary Noailles MurfreeGrundy County Confederate Memorial (approx. 4.6 miles away); Altamont, Tennessee World War Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.6 miles away); In Memory of LTJG William (Billy) E. Stulce (approx. 4.6 miles away); Korean and Vietnam Conflicts Memorial (approx. 4.6 miles away); a different marker also named Forrest's Murfreesboro Raid (approx. 4.7 miles away); Northcutts Cove Chapel (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beersheba Springs.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Bishop Polk also helped found the University of the South
Credits. This page was last revised on February 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 27, 2009, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 808 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 27, 2009, by Tom Gillard of Tullahoma, Tennessee. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.