North Central in Virginia Beach, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Francis Land House
The Francis Land House, circa 1732. Marked by Princess Anne County Chapter, NSDAR, Bicentennial Project, Nov. 13, 1976.
Erected 1976 by Princess Anne County Chapter, National Association, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical date for this entry is October 13, 1852.
Location. 36° 50.529′ N, 76° 4.777′ W. Marker is in North Central in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Marker is on Virginia Beach Boulevard (U.S. 58) east of Kings Grant Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Virginia Beach VA 23452, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. VFW Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); History of Thalia/Aunt Penny's Park (approx. 2 miles away); Camp Ashby (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lake Trashmore Bank Stabilization Seal of the City of Virginia Beach (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Pembroke Manor House (approx. 3.1 miles away); “The Brick Church” (approx. 3.2 miles away); Founders and Veterans of Lynnhaven Parish Church (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Central.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,863 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 2. submitted on July 24, 2009, by Kristin Rollins of Portsmouth, Virginia. 3. submitted on September 21, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.