Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987

 
 
Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 30, 2009
1. Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 Marker
Inscription.  
This building, dedicated in the spring of 1987, was named in honor of Raymond Hay as a lasting memorial to the late Coshocton businessman for the many contributions he made to the Roscoe Village restoration and to Coschocton County. It is also interesting to note that Raymond Hay's uncle, Huston Hay, was a toll collector in Roscoe in 1845. This structure was designed to look like two earlier buildings - a house built c.1857 and another, located next to the home of a blacksmith in the 1930s. These two houses were beyond restoration and were razed prior to construction of the present building.
 
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public WorkEducationIndustry & CommerceMan-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1987.
 
Location. 40° 16.804′ N, 81° 52.558′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is about 300 feet north of the intersection of Whitewoman
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Street with Hill Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 460 N Whitewoman Street, Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Village Smithy - c.1890 (a few steps from this marker); Daniel Carroll House - c.1850 (within shouting distance of this marker); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (within shouting distance of this marker); Jacob Welsh House - c.1840 (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Warehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); This Building (about 300 feet away); Why Is It Called Whitewoman Street? (about 300 feet away); Capt. Bill Smart (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roscoe.
 
Also see . . .  Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 30, 2009
2. Hay Craft and Learning Center - 1987 Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 796 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 13, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=26403

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 25, 2024