Near Carnesville in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Double Branches Baptist Church
>>>-- 1/2 mi. -->
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-6B.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1801.
Location. 34° 22.517′ N, 83° 8.672′ W. Marker is near Carnesville, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of New Franklin Church Road (Georgia Route 327Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Carnesville GA 30521, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Carroll’s Methodist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Carroll's Methodist Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Franklin County (approx. 5.2 miles away); Historical Franklin Springs (approx. 6.4 miles away); Dr. Stewart D. Brown, Sr. (approx. 6.4 miles away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 6.4 miles away); Royston, GA / U.S. Bicentennial Monument (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carnesville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,116 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.