Apalachicola in Franklin County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Raney House
Erected 1976 by The Apalachicola Historic Board In Cooperation With Department Of State. (Marker Number F-270.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 29° 43.698′ N, 84° 59.13′ W. Marker is in Apalachicola, Florida, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Avenue F, on the left when traveling north on Market Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 Market Street, Apalachicola FL 32320, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Episcopal Church South (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Hanserd-Fry House (about 700 feet away); When the River Was King! (about 700 feet away); Fort Coombs - Franklin Guards (about 700 feet away); The Dr. Alvan W. Chapman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Dr. Alvan W. Chapman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. John Gorrie (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Apalachicola.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 20, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,246 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 20, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.