Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hyde Park in Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Wells-LaRue House

 
 
Wells-LaRue House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, September 30, 2007
1. Wells-LaRue House Marker
Inscription.  

Built about 1850 by famed pioneer architect Abner Cook, for Waymen Wells, who lived 10 miles north, but needed town house for business and pleasure trips. His grandchildren, the LaRues, moved in to attend school sessions. Third generation now lives in the home.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1963
 
Erected 1963 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 14592.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
 
Location. 30° 18.582′ N, 97° 43.607′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. It is in Hyde Park. Marker is on Avenue F south of East 46th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4524 Avenue F, Austin TX 78751, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elisabet Ney (approx. ¼ mile away); Hodnette House (approx. ¼ mile away); Hyde Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Kopperl House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Petrified Forest Lodge
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.4 miles away); Williams-Weigl House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elvira T. Manor Davis House (approx. half a mile away); Austin State Hospital Cemetery (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
 
Wells-LaRue House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, September 30, 2007
2. Wells-LaRue House and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2023. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,274 times since then and 113 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 22, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=26729

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 12, 2024