Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This c. 1911 home is associated with two important Austin families. New York native Harvey Murdock Williams, a bookkeeper at Ramsey Nursery, and his wife, Euphemia (Sinclair), built the house. In the early 1940s, it passed to their son, Harvey Sinclair Williams, an educator and baseball coach. In 1947, F. Lee Weigl moved his family here. Weigl, like his father, Fortunat, was a craftsman known for his ornate ironwork, some of which can be seen in the home’s detailing. With a bungalow form and symmetrical plan, the home has a three-bay porch and central door flanked by sidelights.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2002
Erected 2002 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12887.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 30° 18.205′ N, 97° 43.68′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Marker is on Avenue H north of East 41st Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4107 Avenue H, Austin TX 78701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Philquist-Wood House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kopperl House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hodnette House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Elisabet Ney (approx. ¼ mile away); Hyde Park (approx. ¼ mile away); The Shipe House (approx. ¼ mile away); Hancock Recreation Center (approx. 0.4 miles away); Elvira T. Manor Davis House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Austin.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 23, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 779 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 23, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on January 7, 2021, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. 3. submitted on January 23, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.