Near Surry in Surry County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Organization of the Christian Church
Erected 1935 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number K-236.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1794.
Location. 37° 7.479′ N, 76° 50.729′ W. Marker is near Surry, Virginia, in Surry County. Marker is on Colonial Trail West (Virginia Route 10) north of Rolfe Highway (Virginia Route 31), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Surry VA 23883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Surry County WWII Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Smith’s Fort Plantation (approx. one mile away); Chanco (approx. 1.1 miles away); Surry County War Memorial (approx. 1.1 Surry County Confederate Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); Capt. Jacob Faulcon, C.S.A. (approx. 1.1 miles away); Pleasant Point (approx. 2.2 miles away); Chippokes Plantation (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Surry.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,750 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. 4. submitted on September 20, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.