Dublin in County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland — Mid-East (and Dublin)
(1882 - 1941)
Acknowledged as a world figure in literature. He dismantled the English language and put it together again so that it became music. The sculpture in bronze was unveiled on June 16, (Bloomsday) 1982.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Arts, Letters, Music. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1839.
Location. 53° 20.234′ N, 6° 15.597′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Leinster, in County Dublin. Monument is near the pathway running along the southwest boundary within St. Stephen's Green (on National Road 11), about 150 feet SSW of the park bandstand. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Stephen's Green Bandstand (within shouting distance of this marker); Countess Constance Markievicz (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); James Clarence Mangan (about 90 meters away); Haslam Memorial Seat (about 120 meters away); William Butler Yeats (about 120 meters away); Thomas M. Kettle (about 150 meters away); The "Three Fates" (about 150 meters away); Lord Ardilaun (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dublin.
Also see . . . James Joyce Centre. (Submitted on January 31, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 31, 2010. This page has been viewed 1,144 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 31, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on September 16, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on January 31, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.