Franklin Lakes in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Franklin Lakes United Methodist Church
William V. Pulis donated a lot ‘in a most commanding part of the village.’ and the stone church was completed in 1921, built of rocks from the farmers’ fields.
For many years the only church to serve the community, the new sanctuary was added in 1968 to serve the growing congregation.
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society series list.
Location. 41° 1.327′ N, 74° 12.112′ W. Marker is in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of Pulis Avenue and Mabel Ann Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Pulis Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin Lakes NJ 07417, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Franklin Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); Van Voorhees – Quackenbush – Zabriskie House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Wyckoff Reformed Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Ackerman House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hendrik Van Allen House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hendrick Van Allen House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Franklin Lake (approx. 2.2 miles away); Dahlgren Gun (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin Lakes.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on January 31, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 31, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,134 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 31, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on January 4, 2020, by Warren Storms of Mahwah, N.j..