Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long in Témiscouata, Québec — Central Canada (French-Canadian)
Église St-Marc-Du-Lac-Long
Paroisse: Les Etroits
Deuxième élise incendiée le 1er janvier 1956
Reconstruction en 1956-1957
Consecration à l’inauguration
le 27 juin 1957
par son Exc. Mgr. C. E. Parent
Consécration de trois cloches : sol, la, si
le 15 juillet 1962
par son Exc. Mgr. C. E. Parent
archevêque de Rimouski
Ls-Ph. Ouellet, Ptre, Curé
———
Don de Jules Tardif
Parish: The Narrows
First church burned down on June 13, 1923
Second church burned down on January 1, 1956
Reconstruction in 1956-1957
Consecration at the inauguration
on June 27, 1957
by His Excellency Mgr. C. E. Parent
Consecration of three bells: G, A, B
on July 15, 1962
by His Excellency Mgr. C. E. Parent
Archbishop of Rimouski
Ls-Ph. Ouellet, Priest, Pastor
———
Gift of Jules Tardif
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Religion & Religious Structures. A significant historical date for this entry is June 27, 1957.
Location. 47° 23.261′ N, 68° 53.735′ W. Marker is in Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long, Québec, in Témiscouata. It is on Rue de l'Église just east of Rue Principale (Québec Highway 289), on the right when traveling east. The marker is mounted at eye-level on the north/front facade of the subject church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 Rue de l'Église, Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long QC G0L 1T0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is in Eastern Québec & Gaspésie. It is also in Central Canada. Globally, it is in North America, the Western Hemisphere, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once a British colony, the Viceroyalty of New France, the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Confederacy, and Rupert’s Land.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies: La Chapelle évangélique baptiste de Rivière-Bleue / The Gospel Baptist Chapel of Rivière-Bleue (approx. 11.8 kilometers away); La croix du parc Arthur-Lepage / The Cross of Arthur-Lepage Park (approx. 12.3 kilometers away); Le Moulin Blue River Lumber / Blue River Lumber Mill (approx. 12.4 kilometers away); « Rivière-Bûche » / “River Drive” (approx. 12.4 kilometers away); La gare de Rivière-Bleue / The Rivière-Bleue Train Station (approx. 12.5 kilometers
away); La Petit Gare Aubut (approx. 12.6 kilometers away).
Also see . . . Saint-Marc-du-Lac-Long.
Excerpt : Un desservant y réside depuis 1914, date de l’ouverture des registres. Érection canonique: 12 octobre 1922. Érection civile: 12 février 1923. Le village est situé sur le parcours du chemin de fer Canadien National, à un mille environ de la station de Glendyne. La paroisse a été mise sous le patronage de saint Marc sur demande spéciale faite à Mgr A.A. Blais, pour que l’une des paroisses de son diocèse lui sont consacrée.(Submitted on April 20, 2025, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)• • • A priest has resided there since 1914, the date the registers were opened. Canonical erection: October 12, 1922. Civil erection: February 12, 1923. The village is located on the Canadian National Railway, about a mile from the Glendyne station. The parish was placed under the patronage of Saint Mark upon a special request made to Bishop A.A. Blais, so that one of the parishes in his diocese could be dedicated to him.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 20, 2025. It was originally submitted on April 20, 2025, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2025, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.


