Cheyenne in Laramie County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Mt. Sinai Congregation
First Permanent Jewish House of Worship in Wyoming
Erected 2007 by Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation, Wyoming State Historical Society, Mt. Sinai Congregation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation Markers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1915.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cheyenne WY 82001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Cattle Barons & Business Giants (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Durant Bell (about 500 feet away); Vietnam Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Site of Cheyenne's Carnegie Public Library -- 1901-1966 (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Mark's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named St. Marks Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Cheyenne - Ft. Laramie - Deadwood Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Cheyenne Opera House and Territorial Library (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cheyenne.
Also see . . . The Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation. The Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation is a non-profit, volunteer organization. The purpose of the Society is to identify and recognize sites of American Jewish Historical interest. The Society sponsors and promotes programs of local and national historic interest. Cooperating with local Historical Societies, Communities, Churches and Synagogues, the Society encourages dialogue and interactive recognition of the commonality (Submitted on February 1, 2010, by Jerry Klinger of Derwood, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Jewish Americans, Cheyenne, Wyoming, Mt. Sinai, synagogue
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2010, by Jerry Klinger of Derwood, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,248 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2010, by Jerry Klinger of Derwood, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.