Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Tubac in Santa Cruz County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Churches in Tubac

 
 
Churches in Tubac Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
1. Churches in Tubac Marker
Inscription.  Several Tubac churches have stood on this site. The first, a shelter built by Jesuit missionaries in the early 1700's, was administered from Tumacacori. About 1760 Captain De Anza built a chapel for presidio soldiers. A later church was visited by Father Machebeuf, Vicar General from Santa Fe. Father Duval of Nogales built a church in 1910, which crumbled in the heavy rains of 1914 and was rebuilt in 1920.
 
Erected by Tubac Historical Society and the Arizona Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable BuildingsSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1760.
 
Location. 31° 36.746′ N, 111° 2.819′ W. Marker is in Tubac, Arizona, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is on Calle Iglesia, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 Calle Iglesia, Tubac AZ 85646, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tubac Schools (a few steps from this marker); Tubac Presidio (within shouting distance of this marker); Presidio of Tubac
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Juan Bautista de Anza (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Debrille Poston (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Baca Float Number 3 (about 500 feet away); Tubac (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mission San José de Tumacácori (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tubac.
 
Tubac Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
2. Tubac Marker
Marker is mounted on the wall of St. Ann's Church, behind the bushes on the left.
St. Ann's Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
3. St. Ann's Church
Historical marker is left of entrance behind bushes.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 3, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 931 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 3, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27143

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 17, 2024