Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Charles Standfield Taylor

 
 
Charles Standfield Taylor Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Gustafson, January 25, 2010
1. Charles Standfield Taylor Marker
Inscription.  Land commissioner of East Texas, 1833. A signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence, 1836. Chief Justice of Nacogdoches County, 1837. District Attorney, 1839. Rio Grande land commissioner, 1854. Born in London, England 1808. Died November 1, 1865.

His Wife
Anna Marie Rouff Taylor

Born in Germany, March 1, 1814. Died February 8, 1873
 
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 9398.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & SettlersWar, Texas Independence. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
 
Location. 31° 36.234′ N, 94° 38.946′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker can be reached from Hospital Street near Lanana Street. Coordinates are approximate. Inside Oak Grove Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John S. Roberts (here, next to this marker); Oak Grove Cemetery (about
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Haden Edwards (about 300 feet away); "The Treaty" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ancient Mound (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eugenia Sterne Park (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Bivouac and Banquet for The New Orleans' Greys (approx. ¼ mile away); Home of Adolphus Sterne (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nacogdoches.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 842 times since then and 23 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on February 5, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 31, 2020