Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Lufkin
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6996.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1893.
Location. 31° 20.511′ N, 94° 43.652′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is at the intersection of North First Street and East Bremond Street, on the left when traveling north on North First Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 E Bremond Street, Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of Original site of St. Cyprian's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lufkin Telephone Exchange (about 700 feet away); Angelina (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kerr's Inc. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo Band (approx. 0.2 miles away); Calder (Cotton) Square (approx. ¼ mile away); The Depot Explosion and Mystery (approx. ¼ mile away); KRBA-AM Radio Station (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 7, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,301 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 7, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.