Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marble Falls in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

1910 Post Office Building

 
 
1910 Post Office Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
1. 1910 Post Office Building Marker
Inscription.  

Established in 1884, the original Marble Falls Post Office was built south of the Colorado River. William P. Cochran, appointed postmaster in 1901, built this structure in 1910 and leased it to the U. S. Government for use as a post office. It continued to serve as a postal facility until about 1950. Constructed of poured concrete, the building features a central double door with three-pane transom, a simply detailed cornice, and a stone parapet.
 
Erected 1989 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9740.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
 
Location. 30° 34.247′ N, 98° 16.679′ W. Marker is in Marble Falls, Texas, in Burnet County. Marker is on Main Street south of 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 Main St, Marble Falls TX 78654, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker. Michel's Drug Store (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jim Lovell (about 400 feet away); The Roper Hotel (about 700 feet away); Marble Falls Factory Site (about 800 feet away); Floyd Tillman (approx. ¼ mile away); Otto Ebeling House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Governor O. M. Roberts' House (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. Frederick Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marble Falls.
 
1910 Post Office Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Keith Peterson, December 23, 2007
2. 1910 Post Office Building and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,035 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 11, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27396

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 24, 2024