Valdosta in Lowndes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Primitive Baptist Church
Erected 1993 by The Valdosta Town Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1457.
Location. 30° 49.983′ N, 83° 16.55′ W. Marker is in Valdosta, Georgia, in Lowndes County. Marker is on East Central Avenue (U.S. 84) 0 miles west of North Troup Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 East Central Avenue, Valdosta GA 31601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christian Science Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Valdosta City Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ashley Street Market (approx. 0.2 miles away); Register Bros. Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Millhous & Boothe Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lowndes County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dosta Theater (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Valdosta.
Regarding Primitive Baptist Church. The church building now houses the Pentecostal House of Prayer.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 864 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.