Neumühle in Auerbach in der Oberpfalz in Amberg-Sulzbach, Bavaria, Germany — Central Europe
Schwedenturm
⎯⎯⎯
Swede’s Tower
1440 erbaut, einziger Rundturm, 1868 zur Hälfte abgetragen früherer Besitzer Kaspar Leißner genannt "Schwed".
Built in 1440, the only round tower, half demolished in 1868. Former owner: Kaspar Leißner, known as 'Schwed'.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1440.
Location. 49° 41.558′ N, 11° 37.944′ E. Marker is in Auerbach in der Oberpfalz, Bayern (Bavaria), in Amberg-Sulzbach. It is in Neumühle. It is on Am Schwedenturm just north of Dr.-Heinrich-Stromer-Straße, on the right when traveling north. The marker is located on the base of the tower. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Am Schwedenturm 9, Auerbach in der Oberpfalz BY 91275, Germany. Touch for directions.
Regionally, it is in Europe, the European Union, Atlantic Europe, Central Europe, the Schengen Area, Western Europe, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once the Holy Roman Empire.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: Merklhaus / Merkl House (within shouting distance of this marker); Handwerkerhaus / Craftsmen’s House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Romanischer Kirchturm / Romanesque Church Tower (about 120 meters away); Pfarrhof / Parish House (about 120 meters away); Torwärterhäusl / Gatekeeper's House (about 120 meters away); Lateinisches Schulhaus / Latin Schoolhouse (about 120 meters away); Königliches Amtsgericht / Royal District Court (about 120 meters away); Stromer (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auerbach in der Oberpfalz.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 12, 2025. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2025, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2025, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.


