Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Noblesville in Hamilton County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Caylor Block

 
 
Caylor Block Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., December 29, 2009
1. Caylor Block Marker
Inscription.  
This three-unit block was built in 1884 by H. M. Caylor as a dry goods store. Typical of Victorian Gothic style, second-story details feature decorative arched stonework around the windows and the Corbel table bearing the Caylor name.
 
Erected by Noblesville Main Street.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
 
Location. 40° 2.731′ N, 86° 0.778′ W. Marker is in Noblesville, Indiana, in Hamilton County. Marker is on Conner Street (State Road 32/38), on the right when traveling east. Marker is between 9th and 10th Streets. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 933 Conner Street, Noblesville IN 46060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wainwright Trust Building (a few steps from this marker); Heylmann Repository (within shouting distance of this marker); New York Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Corner Drug Store (within
Caylor Block and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., December 29, 2009
2. Caylor Block and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
shouting distance of this marker); Shirts Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Wild Building (within shouting distance of this marker); R. R. Stephenson Block (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Noblesville.
 
Also see . . .  Noblesville, Indiana. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on May 13, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 891 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=27886

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 16, 2022