Noblesville in Hamilton County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of the First Presbyterian Church from 1850-1903, this building was erected in 1904 by Stella Shirts. A central staircase between two ground-floor retail spaces leads up to four office that retain much original woodwork.
Erected by Noblesville Main Street, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1904.
Location. 40° 2.706′ N, 86° 0.802′ W. Marker is in Noblesville, Indiana, in Hamilton County. Marker is on 9th Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is between Conner Street (Indiana Routes 32/38) and Maple Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 54/56 S 9th Street, Noblesville IN 46060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Richwine Block (a few steps from this marker); R. R. Stephenson Block (a few steps from this marker); Corner Drug Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Caylor Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Bachman BuildingNew York Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Wainwright Trust Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Heylmann Repository (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Noblesville.
Also see . . . Noblesville, Indiana. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on April 15, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 732 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 23, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.