Cedar City in Iron County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Page Ranch House
Utah Historic Site
National Register of Historic Places
Photographed by Jeremy Snow, September 11, 2025
1. Page Ranch House Marker
Inscription.
Page Ranch House. Utah Historic Site. The Page Ranch House was designed by its original owners, Daniel Richey Page and Sophia Geary Page. Construction began in 1898 and was completed in 1900. The builders were Jack and Harvey Fabian of St. George, who made and fired the brick on the site using clay found immediately west of the building location. The house was the home for the Page family for 34 years. Under the notice, "We keep travel," the house served as an informal hotel for travelers and as a boarding house for men working at the nearby iron ore mines. The Page Ranch was an important stopping point along what was once a major freighting and travel route through southern Utah. The ranch was originally settled in 1858 by Robert Richey, grandfather of Dan Page and an Indian missionary in the Jacob Hamblin group sent to southern Utah by Brigham Young in 1854. The ranch was owned by the Richey and Page families from 1858 to 1934. Architecturally, this house is a good example of the double cross-wing, a relatively uncommon house type in Utah.
The Page Ranch House was designed by its original owners, Daniel Richey Page and Sophia Geary Page. Construction began in 1898 and was completed in 1900. The builders were Jack and Harvey Fabian of St. George, who made and fired the brick on the site using clay found immediately west of the building location. The house was the home for the Page family for 34 years. Under the notice, "We keep travel," the house served as an informal hotel for travelers and as a boarding house for men working at the nearby iron ore mines. The Page Ranch was an important stopping point along what was once a major freighting and travel route through southern Utah. The ranch was originally settled in 1858 by Robert Richey, grandfather of Dan Page and an Indian missionary in the Jacob Hamblin group sent to southern Utah by Brigham Young in 1854.
The ranch was owned by the Richey and Page families from 1858 to 1934. Architecturally, this house is a good example of the double cross-wing, a relatively uncommon house type in Utah.
Erected 1985 by Utah Division of State History. (Marker Number N-863.)
Topics and series. This historical
Click or scan to see this page online
marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Utah Historic Sites (NRHP) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 37° 34.044′ N, 113° 25.406′ W. Marker is in Cedar City, Utah, in Iron County. It is on Pinto Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5652 Pinto Road, Cedar City UT 84720, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is in Utah’s Color Country. It is also in the American Mountain West and in Colorado Plateau. Globally, it is in North America, the Rocky Mountains, the Western Hemisphere, the Western World, and the Anglosphere. Historically, it finds itself in what was once New Spain and also Mexicos Alta California.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 12, 2025. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2025, by Jeremy Snow of Cedar City, Utah. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:1, 2. submitted on September 11, 2025, by Jeremy Snow of Cedar City, Utah. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.