Quantico Marine Corps Base in Stafford County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
First Special Basic Class
of the First Special Basic Class who trained here
October – December 1950 and who gave their lives
for Corps and Country.
Felix W. Goudelock Feb. 2, 1951
William P. Finch Mar. 2, 1951
Cary S. Cowart, Jr. Mar. 22, 1951
James L Ables Apr. 29, 1951
Robert E. Buchmann May 29, 1951
Robert T. Munday May 29, 1951
Robert J. Baumgart June 10, 1951
Thomas L. McVeigh Sept. 11, 1951
Elmore C. Smith Sept. 16, 1951
Victor Ohanesian Mar. 1, 1967
Dedicated October 20, 2000 by your classmates who will always remember your sacrifice.
Erected 2000 by First Special Basic Class.
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: War, KoreanWar, Vietnam.
Location. 38° 29.934′ N, 77° 26.378′ W. Marker is in Quantico Marine Corps Base, Virginia, in Stafford County. Marker is located between O'Bannon Hall and Heywood Hall. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Quantico VA 22134, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Quantico Marine Athletes of the Sixties (here, next to this marker); 13th Special Basic Course (1952) (here, next to this marker); 5th Special Basic Class (a few steps from this marker); 6th Marine Division Medal of Honor Recipients (a few steps from this marker); 10th Special Basic Class (a few steps from this marker); 9th Special Basic Class (a few steps from this marker); Gonzalez Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Basic School Class of 2-1965 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quantico Marine Corps Base.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,167 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 9, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. 3. submitted on July 29, 2014, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.