Yuma in Yuma County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Commanding Officer's Quarters & Kitchen
In 1902, President Theodore Roosevelt designated the Commanding Officer's Quarters as a customs reserve and the U.S. Customs Service remained in the building until 1955. In 1956, the City of Yuma purchased the Commanding Officer's Quarters and Kitchen from the federal government. Ownership was transferred to Arizona State Parks Board in 1986 and rehabilitation was completed in 1991.
Location. 32° 43.683′ N, 114° 37.305′ W. Marker is in Yuma, Arizona, in Yuma County. Marker can be reached from North 4th Avenue. Marker is located on the grounds Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 North 4th Avenue, Yuma AZ 85364, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Quartermaster Depot Water Reservoir (a few steps from this marker); Office of the U. S. Army Depot Quartermaster (within shouting distance of this marker); Southern Pacific Passenger Coach Car (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Yuma Crossing Park (about 600 feet away); Yuma City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Yuma Crossing (approx. ¼ mile away); Masonic Temple – Lodge #17 (approx. ¼ mile away); Napoleon House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Yuma.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Commanding Officer's Quarters & Kitchen.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 23, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,604 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 23, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.