Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Salado in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Armstrong-Adams House

 
 
Armstrong-Adams House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, February 2, 2008
1. Armstrong-Adams House Marker
Inscription.  Dr. David H. Armstrong, who served as one of the first trustees of the Salado public free schools, and his wife, Julia, built this home between 1869 and 1872. It later became the residence of a succession of Salado doctors, including Dr. D.G. Adams and Dr. J.E. Guthrie. The central cottage plan residence features elements of the Greek Revival style, such as the Classical portico with Doric piers over the entryway.
 
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 205.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
 
Location. 30° 56.813′ N, 97° 32.235′ W. Marker is in Salado, Texas, in Bell County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 N Main St, Salado TX 76571, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Norton-Orgain House (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Anderson Place (within shouting distance of this marker); Dodd's Creek Bridge (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Wellborn Barton (about 400 feet
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); Home of Orville Thomas Tyler (about 500 feet away); First Baptist Church of Salado (approx. 0.2 miles away); Louisa Adeline (Addie) Barton (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Davis Mill (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salado.
 
Regarding Armstrong-Adams House. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,017 times since then and 17 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on March 28, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=29257

Paid Advertisement
Sep. 23, 2021