Schnaittach in Nürnberger Land, Bavaria, Germany — Central Europe
Das Wörler-Anwesen
Schnaittacher Geschichtsweg
⎯⎯⎯
The Wörler Property
Schnaittach Historical Trail
Das Anwesen besteht seit 1577. 1762 erbaut Karl Hayder, Förster aus Kulmain, das Haus in seiner heutigen Form. Wann er die Gastwirtschaft „Zum Goldenen Hirschen“ eröffnet hat, ist nicht überliefert. Lediglich der Kupferstecher Christoph Wilder gibt einen zufälligen Hinweis: Er kehrte hier bereits 1798 ein. Besitzer war damals noch Karl Hayder.
1874 kauft Friedrich Graf das Anwesen und richtet 1876 eine Malzfabrik ein. 1878 wird ausdrücklich erwähnt, dass er unter den 22 brauenden Bürgern Schnaittachs der einzige ist, der nicht im Kommunbrauhaus braut. 1882 erweitert Friedrich Graf – mittlerweile Bürgermeister von Schnaittach – die Malzfabrik und gibt die Wirtschaft auf.
Nach mehrfachem Besitzerwechsel nach 1904 wird ab 1920 die Malzfabrik Schritt für Schritt abgerissen. 1925 erwirbt Buchbinder und Hopfenhändler Konrad Wörler das Anwesen.
Foto R. Uibl 1919 Museums- und Geschichtsverein Schnaittach e. V.
The property has existed since 1577. In 1762, Karl Hayder, a forester from Kulmain, built the house in its present form. It is not known when he opened the inn “Zum Goldenen Hirschen” (“The Golden Stag”). Only the copper engraver Christoph Wilder provides a passing reference: he stayed here as early as 1798. At that time, the owner was still Karl Hayder. In 1874, Friedrich Graf purchased the property and established a malt factory in 1876. In 1878, it is expressly mentioned that among the 22 brewing citizens of Schnaittach, he was the only one who did not brew in the communal brewhouse. In 1882, Friedrich Graf — by then mayor of Schnaittach — expanded the malt factory and closed the inn. After several changes of ownership following 1904, the malt factory was gradually demolished beginning in 1920. In 1925, the bookbinder and hop merchant Konrad Wörler acquired the property.
Erected 2011 by Museum and Historical Society of Schnaittach (registered association). (Marker Number 16.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1577.
Location. 49° 33.615′ N, 11° 20.478′ E. Marker is in Schnaittach, Bayern (Bavaria), in Nürnberger Land. It is at the intersection of Mühlgasse and Bayreuther Str., on the left when traveling
east on Mühlgasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Mühlgasse 4, Schnaittach BY 91220, Germany. Touch for directions.
Regionally, it is in Europe, the European Union, Atlantic Europe, Central Europe, the Schengen Area, Western Europe, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once the Holy Roman Empire.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: Die Mühlgasse / Mill Lane (here, next to this marker); Laura Wolf (within shouting distance of this marker); Mayer Wolf (within shouting distance of this marker); Frieda Wolf (within shouting distance of this marker); Lena Neuburger (within shouting distance of this marker); Pfarrkirche St. Kunigund / Parish Church of St. Kunigund (within shouting distance of this marker); Der untere Marktplatz / The Lower Market Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Das Velhornschloss / Velhorn Palace (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Schnaittach.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 3, 2026. It was originally submitted on March 2, 2026, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 3, 2026, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.


