Wickenburg in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
of Historic Places
By the United States
Department of the Interior
Little remains of the old one room schoolhouses built of log, adobe, frame or brick which proliferated across Arizona in the late 1800's.
This fine brick example replaced the wooden school moved across town from the Vulture Gold Mine in 1895 and placed on this land donated by Don Ignacio Garcia, a trustee of School District 9 and a benefactor to the town.
This building was restored in 1984 by Community Bank.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1895.
Location. 33° 58.245′ N, 112° 43.936′ W. Marker is in Wickenburg, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is on North Tegner Street (Arizona Route 93), on the right when traveling north. Schoolhouse and marker are located between North Frontier and East Yavapai Streets. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 245 North Tegner Street, Wickenburg AZ 85390, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured Henry Wickenburg (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Everett Bowman (about 500 feet away); The Old Brick Post Office (about 600 feet away); The Jail Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vulture Mine (approx. 2.4 miles away); Wickenburg Massacre (approx. 3.8 miles away); Vulture Gold Mine (approx. 11.9 miles away); Congress, Arizona (approx. 14.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wickenburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 4, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,029 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 4, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.