Rivière-Bleue in Témiscouata, Québec — Central Canada (French-Canadian)
La Petit Gare Aubut
Gare à notre patrimoine!
Cette gare était située sur les terrains du CN à Rivière-Bleue. Elle a été sauvée de la démolition en 2014 et rénovée en 2015 par la Corporation du patrimoine. Elle n'est pas sans rappeler « La gare Aubut » ainsi qu'en témoigne une photo d'époque.
Nous ne connaissons pas l'emplacement premier de cette gare mobile, ni en quelle année elle a été déménagée dans la cour du CN. Comme nombre de ses semblables essaimées sur tout le territoire elle a d'abord servi pour les voyageurs. Par la suite, elle a été utilisée pour entreposer de l'équipement et sa salle d'attente, comme lieu de repos pour les cheminots. L'observation de la charpente intérieure de la partie entrepôt indique, qu'à un moment, elle a été agrandie. Sur une poutre était écrit « Edmundston ».
La gare Aubut, quant à elle, était située au Pied-du-Lac, près du moulin de Monsieur Victor Aubut. Elle aurait été construite en 1915, puis déménagée en 1936. À l'époque, la scierie Aubut engageait 16 ouvriers, dont certains demeuraient dans la maison de pension avoisinante; elle était desservie par une « side line ». Il faut dire que la communauté du Pied-du-Lac était assez importante dans les débuts de Rivière-Bleue.
The Little Aubut Station
Look at Our Heritage!
This station had been located on CN property in Riviere-Bleue. In 2014 it was about to be demolished when it was saved “in extremis” by the Heritage Corporation. As demonstrated by a photo of the time, this station and the Aubut station are very similar.
It is not known where this mobile station was initially located or when it was brought to the CN yard. But like many others that were scattered around the region it was first used by travelers and later used as storage for equipment. The waiting room became a rest area for the railroaders. In the warehouse section, there is evidence that at one point an extension was added. On one of the beams is written the word “Edmundston”.
As for the Aubut station, it was located at Pied-du-Lac, near Mr. Victor Aubut's sawmill. It was likely built in 1915 and moved in 1935. At that time, the Aubut sawmill employed 16 workers. Some of the employees lodged in the nearby boardinghouse. It was serviced by a “siding”. In the beginning of Riviere-Bleue, the Pied-du-Lac community was considerably more developed.
Erected by La Vieille Gare de Rivière-Bleue.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1915.
Location. 47° 26.321′ N, 69° 2.662′ W. Marker is in Rivière-Bleue, Québec, in Témiscouata. It is at the intersection of Rue Saint-Joseph Nord (Provincial Highway 289) and Rue des Loisirs, on the left when traveling north on Rue Saint-Joseph Nord. The marker is located beside the former Aubut Train Station. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 84 Rue Saint-Joseph Nord, Rivière-Bleue QC G0L 2B0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is in Eastern Québec & Gaspésie. It is also in Central Canada. Globally, it is in North America, the Western Hemisphere, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once a British colony, the Viceroyalty of New France, the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Confederacy, and Rupert’s Land.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies: La gare de Rivière-Bleue / The Rivière-Bleue Train Station
(within shouting distance of this marker); « Rivière-Bûche » / “River Drive” (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Le Moulin Blue River Lumber / Blue River Lumber Mill (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); La croix du parc Arthur-Lepage / The Cross of Arthur-Lepage Park (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); La Chapelle évangélique baptiste de Rivière-Bleue / The Gospel Baptist Chapel of Rivière-Bleue (approx. 4.7 kilometers away); Église St-Marc-Du-Lac-Long (approx. 12.6 kilometers away); Le Pont International / The International Bridge (approx. 13.8 kilometers away); Le bootlegging dans le Transcontinental / Bootlegging in the Transcontinental Region (approx. 13.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rivière-Bleue.
More about this marker. Contributeurs à la restauration de la station (en bas du marqueur) non transcrits. [English: Station restoration contributors (bottom of marker) not transcribed.]
Also see . . . Rivière-Bleue (Wikipedia).
Excerpt: The National Transcontinental Railway and the station were crucial to the village’s development: travelers, goods, and forestry and agricultural products came and went by rail. In 1913, the first station was built in Tarte, along a sidetrack named in honour of Israël Tarte, journalist, politician and Minister of Transportation under Wilfrid Laurier. The name Tarte Siding is still in use. On January 4, 1914, the first train stopped at the station, on its way from Edmundston, New Brunswick. In 1915, the building was carried a mile down the tracks, to Rivière-Bleue. There, the station was expanded to house the family of Arthur Aubut, the first station master to live in Rivière-Bleue. Until the end of World War II, the railway was the only way to travel outside the village in the winter, and the telegraph, which was then a railway monopoly, was the fastest means of communication.(Submitted on March 16, 2026, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 16, 2026. It was originally submitted on March 14, 2026, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 14 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 15, 2026, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.


